- Residential - Residential rates for water service in the county shall be as set forth in the county's fee schedule, as may be amended from time to time.
- Commercial, Industrial, and Agricultural - Commercial, industrial, and agricultural rates for water service in the county shall be as set forth in the county's fee schedule, as may be amended from time to time.
The Wilson County Board of Commissioners approved the Water Services Committee’s recommended rate increase for Wilson County Water customers effective January 1, 2016. This rate adjustment is needed due to increases the county is charged for purchasing water, the maintenance costs of our current system and funding the system's depreciation.
What is the new rate schedule?
- Flat Rate $25.00
- First 3,000 gallons $4.50 per thousand
- Next 3,000 gallons $6.50 per thousand
- Next 3,000 gallons $7.50 per thousand
- Next 3,000 gallons $8.50 per thousand
When will I see the new rate in my bill?
The rate adjustments will be made effective January 1, 2016. We are proactively managing our water system to meet current and future water needs. The adjusted rates will allow us to maintain clean and affordable water services for our citizens.
- $300 - Residential
- $500 - Commercial
Multi-users, such as mobile home parks and multiplex apartments shall have an individual meter and service for each mobile home or apartment.
- Future hydrants that are added to the County's water distribution shall be of the same standards and specifications as the set of details on file in Wilson County.
- Fire hydrants will be installed on lines with adequate flow capacity, at cost plus 20%.
- A minimum deposit of $2,000 is required to accompany a request for a hydrant. Excess over cost plus 20% shall be refunded.