The landfill is located east of the City of Wilson, at 2400 Hwy 42 E.
- From Hwy 301, take the Hwy 42 exit toward Pinetops/Macclesfield. Go east approximately 1 mile. The landfill will be on your right.
Hours Of Operation
The landfill will accept construction and demolition (C&D) debris, commercial yard waste, business and residential waste between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Only residential customers may bring household trash, small loads of construction and demolition debris from their residence, and yard waste to the landfill on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The landfill also closes the last Wednesday of every month at 12 noon for employee training.
The Wilson County Landfill observes the following holidays and is closed:
- New Year's Day (Tuesday, January 1st)
- Martin Luther King Birthday (Monday, January 21st)
- Easter (Friday, April 19th & Saturday, April 20th)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 27th)
- July 4th (Thursday)
- Labor Day (Monday, Sept 2nd)
- Veteran's Day (Monday, November 11th)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, Friday & Saturday, November 28th, 29th & 30th))
- Christmas Eve (Tuesday, December 24th)
- Christmas Day (Wednesday, December 25th)