Federal Programs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP)

The Wilson District participates in the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP).The program helps landowners and farmers to pay for installing conservation practices such as: nutrient management, pest management, long term no till, wildlife field borders, fencing, pipelines, watering facilities, and lagoon closures.

For more information please call the office or visit the Natural Resources Conservation Service website.

Conservation Reserve Programs

CRPs are a long-term program where marginal land is converted to a permanent cover and is taken out of production. Programs include CRP, CREP, SAFE, CP36, and others.

  • CREP (Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program) - This program is designed to assist farmers in complying with the regulations of nutrient reduction in our rivers and streams. Cost sharing and long term contracts are available for installing riparian buffers, filter strips and other practices to reduce sediment, nutrient and other non-point source impacts to nearby water systems.
  • CP33 (Conservation Program) - This is a program to assist with habitat buffers for upland birds in which strips of volunteer vegetation are allowed to grow around field edges. This provides valuable nesting and brood cover for bobwhite quail and other wildlife, protects water quality and supports integrated pest management.
  • View more information about FSA programs

 In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.