The Wilson County Health Department continues to work with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) and the North Carolina Department of Public Health to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure that our partners are receiving the necessary guidance, and we are meeting the testing needs of the community, the Wilson County Health Department will conduct only essential services until further notice. Please feel free to call us at 252-237-3141 for any questions. #PrepareDontPanic
The Wilson County Health Department appreciates the support given to us by our many partners and the community. At this time to help our agency practice social distancing and minimize risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses we are asking that our patients limit visitors accompanying them to one person. The visitor will be asked to wait in the main lobby. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 252-237-3141 #StoptheSpread
Wilson County Declaration of a State of Emergency
On March 16th Wilson County Board of Commissioners Chairman Rob Boyette signed a County State of Emergency along with county Manager Denise Stinagle.
COVID-19 Virus Information
The Wilson County Health Department continues to work with the NC Department of Health and Human Services and community partners to prepare and respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) infections. In recent weeks, county departments and emergency preparedness staff have been participating in conference calls to stay current and prepared as the virus spreads across the nation and our state. Read the latest updates from NCDHHS.
The Novel Corona virus, now renamed COVID-19, is a respiratory disease that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
As of March 20, there are 137 cases of COVID-19 in North Carolina. At this point in time, the risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 in North Carolina is still low. However, there are measures that you can and should take to remain healthy.
How to protect yourself
- Staying home if you are ill
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are frequently touched
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue
- Discarding tissues after a single use
- Following the CDC’s travel guidance for nonessential travel to China
Guidance for Specific Groups
March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month!
Among cancers that affect both men and women, colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States.
For more information visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Eat Smart Move More
North Carolina Division of Health & Human Services
- North Carolina State Center for Health Statistics
- Communicable Disease
- Adolescent Health Resource Center: For Teens
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
American Heart Association
American Diabetes Association
Each day we are working to maintain good health for Wilson County's citizens. We are protecting citizens by assessing and monitoring conditions in the community, promoting healthy choices and assuring the highest quality of health & wellness possible for all the citizens.
To report a public health or environmental health emergency from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, please call (252) 237-3141.
Outside of regular business hours call 911 emergency services.
- Monday - Friday | 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, by appointment only
- Last Friday: Regular clinic services | 8 am -12 pm
- Teen Clinic: 2nd Thursday | 3:30-6:30pm by appointment.
- WIC: extended hours | 2nd Thursday | until 6:00pm
Call Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm @252-237-3141 for an appointment.
We see all patients regardless of pay plan.
If you are uninsured the required reimbursement for your visit will slide down to 20% of total charges.
Tell us how we are doing by taking the surveys below:
- Wilson County Health Department Community Survey - English
- Customer Service Survey - English
- Encuesta Publica del Departamento de Salud en el Condado de Wilson - Spanish
- Encuesta de Satisfacción al Cliente - Spanish