Wilson County's Outside Agencies/Nonprofits play a valuable role in the quality of life of our citizens. As part of the annual budgeting process, commissioners may consider contributions to outside agencies/nonprofits to deliver services not offered by county government. We value our tax dollars and we are committed to sound financial management. Outside agencies/nonprofits that receive funding from taxpayer dollars are required to show how the specific funds given were spent on direct services and must produce annual audit of their organization.
Instructions for the 2020/2021 Fiscal Year
To apply, you must complete this 2020/2021 funding packet by noon March 12, 2020 - download below. Late applications are not accepted:
- Approval of nonprofit funding occurs as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Decisions on nonprofit funds will be made available online on this web page after the 2020-2021 budget has been approved. Individual letters will not be mailed.
Quarterly Reporting Requirements for approved agencies:
- Approved funding allocations are on a quarterly basis for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.Please budget accordingly.
- Your agency is required to submit a quarterly report documenting how the specific funds that you were given were spent on direct services. Failure to provide quarterly reports will result in discontinuation of your agency’s funding until it is brought current.
- The quarterly report should include a budget and an actual expense report. Also include a report from your accounting book or accounting software that shows your actual expenses.The report may be emailed to Ron Hunt, Assistant County Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you choose to mail it, please send to Wilson County Manager’s Office, Attn: Ron Hunt, Assistant County Manager, POB 1728, Wilson, NC27894.All documentation should be submitted by the following dates:
- 1st Quarter - October 15, 2020|2nd Quarter – January 15, 2021
- 3rd Quarter – April 15, 2021|4th Quarter – July 15, 2021
If you still have questions, we are a phone call away. Call 252-399-2810 or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for all that you do for the citizens of Wilson County.