Wilson County's Outside Agencies/Nonprofits play a valuable role in the quality of life of our citizens. As part of the annual budgeting process, commissioners may consider contributions to outside agencies/nonprofits to deliver services not offered by county government. We value our tax dollars and we are committed to sound financial management. Outside agencies/nonprofits that receive funding from taxpayer dollars are required to show how the specific funds given were spent on direct services and must produce annual audit of their organization.
2019/2020 Fiscal Year Approved Funding:
If your agency was approved to receive non-profit/outside agency funding for the 2019-2020 fiscal year, please pay careful attention to the information below.
- Letters will not be mailed. Approved funding is noted in the link above.
Quarterly Reporting Requirements:
- Approved funding allocations are on a quarterly basis for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.Please budget accordingly.
- Agencies are responsible for requesting quarterly disbursements.
- Your agency is required to submit a quarterly report documenting how the specific funds that you were given were spent on direct services. Failure to provide quarterly reports will result in discontinuation of your agency’s funding until it is brought current.
- The quarterly report should include a budget and an actual expense report.Also include a report from your accounting book or accounting software that shows your actual expenses.The report may be emailed to Ron Hunt, Assistant County Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you choose to mail it, please send to Wilson County Manager’s Office, Attn: Ron Hunt, Assistant County Manager, POB 1728, Wilson, NC27894.All documentation should be submitted by the following dates:
- 1st Quarter - October 15, 2019| 2nd Quarter – January 15, 2020
- 3rd Quarter – April 15, 2020|4th Quarter – July 15, 2020
If you still have questions, we are a phone call away. Call 252-399-2810 or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for all that you do for the citizens of Wilson County.