WILSON COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SPECIAL INFORMATION
We are serving ALL customers, however for your safety we are strongly encouraging that you:
- NOT bring high-risk individuals to the agency
- NOT come to the agency if you are sick
- LIMIT all in-person visits to the agency and use online or phone methods where possible
FOOD AND NUTRITION AND MEDICAID SERVICES
Use our Customer Call Center to:
- Provide case information or ask about your case status.
- Order an EBT or Medicaid card.
- Report a change to your case.
- Ask a question about your case.
- Request an application to be mailed to you.
- Complete needed interviews for reviews and applications.
Contact the Customer Call Center at 252-206-4000, follow the prompt
Food & Nutrition = PRESS 3
Adult Medicaid & All SSI Recipients = PRESS 4
Family & Children’s Medicaid = PRESS 5
Or contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer returning documents to the agency can use the agency drop box located to the right of the lobby entry doors.
- Visit EPASS.NC.GOV and complete an application online OR print out and complete an application and mail it to: PO Box 459 Wilson, NC 27894
- Call Wilson County DSS 252-206-4000 to request and application be mailed to you.
- Fax a completed application to 252-206-4198
At this time there is NO Disaster Food Stamp program.
ENERGY PROGRAMS / SERVICES
Crisis programs such as help with your energy bill can be done by calling 252-206-4000 to request an application be mailed to you for signature
Child Support options available in lieu of coming to the office include:
NC Child Support Services website at www.ncchildsupport.com. On this site, you can:
- Document Upload for the online application
- Email My Caseworker
- Manage My Personal Information
- Anonymous Tip Form
Child Support Customer Service Center at 1-800-992-9457. This is an informational call center for questions about child support cases. Automated phone service is available 24 hours, 7 days/week. Customer service hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30am - 5:30pm (except state holidays).
Customers can send information directly to Wilson County DSS staff at the following:
And you can share information at any time with our Child Support Team by calling our
Tip Line: 252-281-6964.
Completing initial applications and redeterminations by mail, phone, email, fax, etc. is acceptable during this time of emergency.
- Fax number 252-206-4198
- Agency main number 252-206-4000.
Completing initial applications and reviews by mail and phone is acceptable during this time of emergency.
- Agency main number 252-206-4000 to request an application.
OTHER FINANCIAL SERVICES
Applications for Special Assistance must be done with a face-to-face interview until further notice.
You CAN sign a statement giving someone else the opportunity to serve as your representative for most programs (AGAIN, please do not come to our office if you are sick).