We are here to serve you Wilson County.
Wilson County Government is committed to your safety and well-being and we are committed to serving our citizens. There is much uncertainty in the weeks ahead with the current COVID-19 virus. Our departments are open while practicing social distancing and enhanced cleaning. We encourage you to call any of our departments before visiting to make sure there is a need to physically make a visit. If there are online or over the phone options, our departments will assist you with this. We strongly encourage the following:
All County Departments:
Open. If you have been experiencing a cough, fever or feeling unwell you should NOT visit. You should stay home.
Open: Call ahead if you have questions about an appointment or visit, feel unwell, or need to reschedule. 252-237-3141
Try our online resources: Library Online Buildings are closed to the public, but curbside pickup is available 9:00-6:00 Mon-Sat at the Main Library and 10:00-6:00 Mon-Fri at the Black Creek, Elm City, and Lucama branches. Here's how it works:
1) Place items on hold via the online catalog or phone call (Don’t know exactly what you want? Give us some hints and we’ll pull some great suggestions for you!)
2) Once you receive notification that your items are ready for pickup, come to the library and park in one of the designated spaces.
3) Call the library to let us know you are ready for pickup (have your library card number ready to confirm identity) and we’ll bring the items out to your car!
Library phone numbers:
Main Library: 252-237-5355
Black Creek Library: 252-237-3715
Elm City Library: 252-236-4269
Lucama Library: 252-239-0046
Register of Deeds
Open. Practicing social distancing.
• Use our online vital request on our website at www.wilson-co.com
• Attorneys should take advantage of e-recording.
• Only the couple applying for a marriage license should enter our building.
Open. All regular programming and group events are cancelled. The exercise room is closed. Limited space and social distancing is practiced. Call ahead if you have questions. 252-399-4059
Open. First - Try ONLINE SERVICES. Check with your social worker or case worker @ 252-206-4000 to see if there is a need to visit the facility. New social distancing requirements are in place.
Open. Practicing social distancing. We are only doing exterior evaluations and delaying interior evaluations. Call ahead at 252-399-2900 if questions.