2020 Census | Wilson County
Federal funds based on Census data help Wilson County’s City, towns and county governments, social services agencies, local doctors and Wilson Medical Center, Wilson County Schools and other agencies.
- Beginning mid–March, respond to the census:
- ·online at 2020census.gov
- by phone (phone number to be given)
- by mail (instructions will be provided
- It takes less than 10 minutes to answer the census questions.
- Respond early so that a census worker will not have to visit your home in person.
- Your congressional, state, and local voting districts will be redrawn based on census responses.
- North Carolina could gain a 14th seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, but only if everyone responds!
- $675 billion dollars of federal money will be divided among the states, counties, and local communities each year for the next ten years based on information collected by this census.
- Census responses are only used to create statistics and cannot be traced back to an individual person or household.
- Census responses are kept confidential for 72 years. By law, your census response cannot be used against you by any government agency including law enforcement or to determine your eligibility for government benefits.