It is the mission of the Sheriff of Wilson County to maintain an Animal Enforcement Division within the Sheriff's Office.
The Animal Enforcement Division will be responsible for:
- Answering complaints from the citizens of Wilson County.
- Enforcing State laws and County ordinances.
- Supervising and maintaining the animal shelter.
- Investigating animal bites, cruelty cases, and any criminal activity with animals.
- Dealing with rabies.
- Taking all actions as required by the Health Director and documenting all actions as required.
- Patrolling the County in an attempt to keep the County free of animals running at large that have not been vaccinated and those not displaying a current tag.
- Housing animals that have been seized and/or turned in.
- Making a concerted effort to adopt the animals out to a suitable owner (If animals are not claimed by an owner or adopted by a suitable owner, they will be disposed of according to law.
The Wilson County Animal Enforcement Staff operates from the Shelter located at 4001 Airport Rd Wilson, NC 27893. The Shelter is open Monday thru Friday between the hours of 10:00 am to 04:00 pm eastern standard time. Also for added convience we will be open to the public on the first Saturday of every month from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
To contact the shelter you can call (252)265-5971 between those hours and speak with our dedicated staff members about any questions you may have.
After hours you can contact (252)237-8300 and report any violation or concerns that you may have to our communication personnel. If it is an emergency and you need prompt assistance you call call 911 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
View All Animal Enforcement Staff