The Wilson County Landfill offers a reduced tipping fee for clean loads of shingles with no wood or metal attached. Nails and tar paper are okay to be mixed in the clean loads.
The cost for clean loads is $38 per ton.
These items are acceptable with the clean loads:
- shingles and felt attached to shingles
These items are NOT acceptable with clean loads and will be charged the regular C&D rate of $40 per ton:
- Metal flashings, gutters, etc.
- Nails (best effort)
- Rolls or sheets of felt paper
- Plastic wrap, buckets
- No garbage, trash, or other waste materials
- Built-up asphalt roofing
- Asbestos-containing materials
- Shingles containing mastics