What is Dental Varnishing?
The application of a fluoride varnish to children's teeth who are between the ages of 6 months to 31/2 years of age. The purpose is to provide a temporary protective coating that will act to prevent cavities
How is the varnish applied?
A nurse will apply small droplets of varnish to the child's teeth with a brush.
Who is eligible
Any child between the ages of 6 months to 31/2 years of age
How often should fluoride varnish be applied?
Every three or so months until your child is 3 years old with a maximum of six applications.
How to keep my child's teeth healthy:
- Brush child's teeth every day
- Monitor amounts of sweet beverages and snacks to prevent cavities and tooth decay
- Do not put your child to sleep with a bottle in its mouth
- Take your child for regular check-up at the dentist
Cost & Appointment Scheduling:
Walk-in appointments are accepted Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am-11:30pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm
- Dental varnishing is free if you have Medicaid
For more information call (252) 237-3141