Environmental Health (Division of the Health Department) - (252) 291-0468 ext. 6659.
Environmental Health Application
- When contacting the Environmental Health Section of the Health Department concerning your application, know the permit number. This number must be used in all inquiries and inspection requests.
- The issuance of the Improvement Permits in no way guarantees the issuance of other permits (such as building permits)
- Septic tank contractors are responsible for notifying Environmental Health for final inspections
- The septic tank should be pumped out every three to five years
- The use of water-saving fixtures is highly recommended
- Trees near drain lines may cause these lines to fail because of roots. Should you decide to remove any of these trees, please contact Environmental Health before removal.
- If it is necessary for the septic tank to be above ground level after installation, you may contact Environmental Health to determine if an approved pumping system can be permitted.