Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program (BCCCP)
About the Program
|The Wilson County Health Department participates in the North Carolina BCCCP. For more information, call (252) 237-3141 or call your local county BCCCP Provider.
This program helps save lives of women through early detection by providing free or low-cost:
- Breast and cervical exams
- Pap smears
- Mammograms (for women ages 50-64)
- Certain procedures, if needed
- Health counseling and education
- Pelvic exams
- Clinical breast exams
- Referral and follow-up care
- Education and counseling services
View Making Appointments
Women are eligible if they are ages 40-64 and also meet all the following criteria:
- Have a household income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level
- Have little or no insurance
- Are without Medicare Part B or Medicaid
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women, except for skin cancers.
- The chance of developing invasive breast cancer at sometime in a woman's life is a little less than 1 in 8 (12%)
- The good news is a woman's chance of surviving breast cancer is greatly improved with early detection and treatment.
- Find more statistics at the American Cancer Society.