Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
The Wilson County Register of Deeds office maintains Marriage records (1855 to present), Death records (1913 to present), Birth records (1913 to present), and Delayed Birth records.
View the Application for Certified Copies of Birth, Death, or Marriage Records
Birth and Death records
are filed in the county that they occur in. Marriages are filed in the county that they are issued in. Adoption records are not filed in Wilson County.
You may contact NC Vital Records for assistance with adoptions at (919) 733-3526 or by visiting their website
Photocopies are available to the public.
Requirements for Obtaining Certified Copies Filed in Wilson County
In order to obtain a certified birth, death or marriage certificate, one of the following must apply:
- Applicant is related to individual on the birth / death / marriage certificate
- Birth and marriage only - Applicant can be self
- For birth, death, and marriage - Applicant can be immediate family which includes: spouse, sister, brother, child, parent / stepparent, grandparent, grandchild
- Death only – Immediate family, funeral directors, beneficiary under insurance policy (must provide insurance policy), or the informant on the death certificate
- Applicant is seeking information for legal determination of personal or property rights
- Applicant is authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of a person listed above
A valid drivers license or government issued I.D. is required when requesting certified copies. If you are requesting a certified copy by mail please send a photocopy of your I.D.
There is a fee of $10 for each certified record. We accept cash or money orders only.