Non-Standard Document Fees
Effective July 1, 2002, the following criteria qualify a standard document. If a document fails to meet any one of the criteria below, the non-standard document fee of $25, in addition to recording fees, will be charged. The non-standard document fee does not apply to any form of cancellation or to discharges.
- Paper size is 8.5" x 11" or 8.5" x 14"
- Blank margin of 3" at the top of the first page
- Blank margin of 0.5" on remaining sides of first page and on all sides of subsequent pages
- Typed or printed in black on white paper in a legible font, using a font size no smaller than 10 point
- Pages must be one-sided
- Instrument type is stated at the top of the first page
A document consists of multiple instruments when it contains two or more instruments with different legal consequences or intent, each of which is separately executed and acknowledged and could be recorded alone. In addition to the recording fee, it is $10 for each additional instrument.
View more information on deed fees and other fees.