Producing Less Waste
- Replace styrofoam coffee cups with ceramic mugs.
- Save used office paper - cut and use as a pad for messages.
- Share business subscriptions. Keep one and cancel the rest.
- Print all reports on front and back of paper.
- Use routing slips instead of individual interoffice memos.
- Donate old office furniture and supplies instead of tossing them.
- Don't over order.
- Store documents on computer disks instead of hard copies.
- Reuse file folders by reversing them.
- Use post-it fax headings instead of cover sheets.
- Return toner cartridges from laser printers to a store for refilling.
- Deliver any styrofoam packing peanuts to Pack & Ship near Wilson Mall.
Buy Recycled Products
Check with your supplier about purchasing office supplies with a high post-consumer waste content: computer paper, copy paper, stationery, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Make a corporate commitment to contribute time, money, and employee expertise to community efforts for waste reduction and recycling.
- Provide employee education and incentive programs for waste reduction, including publicity, news releases, seminars, company newsletters, etc.
- Establish an in-house recycling committee that works to improve company waste handling practices.
For additional information or assistance please call Wilson County Keep America Beautiful at (252) 399-2826.