Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Clinic
For information or to make an appointment, call (252) 237-3141.
HIV/STD Awareness Movies
- Services are free and available to all persons without regard to income or place of residence.
- Appointments must be made Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:45 pm. On the last Friday of each month the Health Department will be closed for mandatory training's, staff meetings and programmatic audits from 8-12 noon. Limited clinical services will be offered from 1-5 pm. No examinations will be performed.
- Services are provided by registered nurses (under supervision of an MD). Family nurse practitioners are available for consultation.
- Health education services are available as needed or as requested by persons or groups.
- Services that are offered include:
- Medical history
- Risk assessments and physical assessments
- Appropriate lab tests and treatment according to approved protocols
- Education of each individual clients on every visit, including giving written materials