HIV / AIDS Program
For additional information on any of these services, call Kathy Luper, RN, at (252) 237-3141. For additional information on HIV / AIDS visit the Center for Disease Control.
Free services include:
About the Program
- Confidential HIV testing by appointment (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm; Ph: (252) 237-3141)
- Educational programs to any community group
- Rapid HIV testing for high-risk clients
- Referrals to physicians and case managers
HIV / AIDS has become a significant health problem in Wilson County. HIV is associated with other social problems such as drug abuse, sexually transmitted diseases, teen pregnancy, and poverty.
The HIV / AIDS Program offers:
- HIV testing to the community
- Educational outreach to any group
- Services and support to those living with HIV / AIDS
State statistics for Wilson County, updated in 2007:
- Out of 100 counties, Wilson County is 17th for HIV in number of cases
- Out of 100 counties, Wilson County is 12th for AIDS in number of cases