Suspension of Service
A deposit will be refunded only after water service has been discontinued and all outstanding bills and charges have been paid.
Nonpayment of Bills
Upon discontinuance of service for nonpayment of bills, the Water District will apply the deposit toward settlement of the account. If the deposit is not enough to cover the bill, the Water District may proceed to collect the balance in the usual way provided by law for the collection of debts.
Reconnection request within 30 days of the date service was disconnected will incur a $25 service charge. If there is a repeat reconnect charge within 6 months, charge is $50.
Water District Discontinuance of Service
The system reserves the right to discontinue service without notice any of the following reasons:
- Consumers willful disregard to the Water District's rules
- Direction of public authorities
- Emergency repairs
- Insufficiency of supply due to circumstances beyond the Water District's control
- Legal procedures
- Strike, riot, flood, accident, or any other unavoidable cause
- To prevent fraud or abuse
The Water District may, in addition to prosecution by law, permanently refuse service to any user who tampers with a meter or other measuring device.