Meter Reading - Billing - Collecting
Meters will be read and bills rendered monthly. The Wilson County Water District reserves the right to vary the dates or length of period covered, temporarily or permanently if necessary or desirable.
Bills for water will be figured in accordance with the Water Districts published Rate Schedule
and will be based on the amount consumed for the period covered by the meter readings.
- The charge for service commences when a meter is installed and connection made, whether used or not.
- 90 days may be allowed for hookup during the initial installation of the water system.
- During these 90 days there will be no charge for service if you do not connect to the service.
- After 90 days you will be billed the minimum monthly charge whether water is consumed or not.
- You remain liable for a minimum monthly bill thereafter until you desire to stop service. The Water District will then remove the meter.
- If service is re-established, the tap-on fee for that size meter will be charged if the meter is reinstalled.
- In addition a fee will be charged which is equal to the initial tap fee or $150, whichever is higher.
- All other required fees must also be paid before service and commence.
Readings from different meters will not be combined for billing even if the meters are for the same or different premises, consumers, or services.