How to Make a Report
Disabled adults or disabled emancipated minors present in North Carolina who are reported to be abused, neglected, or exploited, and in need of protective services are eligible to receive this service without regard to income.
To make a report, please call 252-206-4000 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.. If you need to make a report after 5 p.m. or on a weekend or holiday, please call 911.
NOTICE: Do not send adult abuse or neglect referrals through email or this website. Please call 252-206-4000 during normal hours or 911 (after hours). Thank you!
The following information must be provided when a report is made:
- The name and address of the disabled adult
- The name and address of the disabled adult’s caretaker
- The age of the disabled adult
- The nature and extent of the disabled adult’s injury or condition resulting from the abuse, neglect, or exploitation
- Any other pertinent information