General Communicable Disease Information
This program encompasses all communicable diseases with the exception of tuberculosis and those that are sexually transmitted. The easiest way to avoid many communicable diseases is a thorough hand washing use plain old soap and water.
The content of the following pages is basic and is in no way intended to serve as a means for self diagnosis. Please see your medical provider if you feel you or someone you know has any of these conditions.
Resources are available on the following diseases:
- H1N1 What you need to know to stay Healthy
- Hepatitis A, B, and C
- Influenza (Flu)
- MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
- Outbreak Information
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Salmonella (Food Poisoning)
- Tick-Borne Diseases
- NC Department of Health and Human Services