Low Income Energy Assistance helps those age 60 or above
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Energy assistance program begins in December
Wilson, NC – November 12, 2012 – The Low Income Energy Assistance Program that assists low income individuals age 60 and above or a disabled person receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services will start December 3, 2012.
Last year the North Carolina Division of Social Services evaluated the program and made changes in accordance with changes mandated by the General Assembly.
Eligibility requirements this year include:
• Any household members must be age 60 and above OR a disabled person receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services.
• Must meet income/resource eligibility and must apply, household must be responsible for its’ heating expense, must meet Citizenship eligibility
• There will NOT be automatic approvals.
• Energy payments will go directly to the service provider. This may include power, gas or oil companies.
“Our staff have been preparing for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program," said Charlene Hill, Adult Intervention team leader. "Also, we have reached out to our older adult population to inform them about the eligibility requirements and how this could assist them during the cold months."
Pay careful attention to the information below:
Application dates: • December 3, 2012- January 31, 2013 | 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. or until funds are exhausted.
• If funds are available, all other households may apply:February 1, 2013 - March 31, 2013 | 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Call: Call 206-4100Visit: Applications will be taken at the Wilson County Department of Social Services, 100 Gold St., Wilson NC 27893
CONTACT INFORMATION:Ron Hunt, Communications Manager252.206.4164####