Search Records/View Bills/Pay Taxes
Tips for Paying Your Taxes with Official Payments CorporationWilson County has partnered with Official Payments Corporation to make it more convenient to pay your taxes. There are a few things you may want to know before using this service to pay your taxes:
- Official Payments Corp charges a convenience fee for each transaction. The convenience fee is currently 3% of your credit/debit card transaction with a minimum of $1 for amounts below $40. (Example: If you pay $100 you will be charged $3 for the service for a total of $103.) The convenience fee for Electronic Check transactions are $3 for each payment less than or equal to $10,000 and $15 for each payment greater than $10,000.
- You can use this service to pay any of your Property Taxes that are invoiced by our office.
- You can also pay by phone, you can reach Official Payments Corp. at (800) 2PAY-TAX (800) 272-9829). The convenience fee also applies for telephone transactions.
- When making your payment do not include the convenience fee in the payment amount. It will be automatically added on step three of the payment process.
- We encourage you to print the receipt for your records. Payments may take up to two business days before they show in the Tax Department’s Records.
- Payments will be posted as of the transaction date.
- If you would like a "Preminder" email for any future bills before they are mailed out to you, please call 252-399-2901 or click on "Email Notification" in the green column on the top left side of this screen for more details and to email information to us. Then you will be notified ahead of time instead of after the fact to be able to avoid late payments and possible interest and garnishments.
- If you would like to schedule a reminder to pay a bill, you can log into the Official Payments website (www.officialpayments.com) and select "Schedule Reminders" from the menu and you will be notified to be able to avoid late payments and possible interest and garnishments. Here is a preview of an example email reminder.
Acceptible Credit Cards
DisclaimerThe convenience fee is charged solely by Official Payments Corp.TM and is subject to change at any time. Payments made on accounts that have delinquent taxes due will be applied to the delinquent amounts first. Interest begins on the first day of the month following the due date.